KKK - Kainitinitan, Kapagugpagurang at Kakatakutan

Nagcarlan Travel Blog

Reaching the town of Nagcarlan with low energy, my mom and sis decided not to check out our last stop, the underground cemetery of Nagcarlan.

The underground cemetery of Nagcarlan was built in 1851 by some Franciscans with the aim to house their own dead. This is an exclusive, Franciscan only type of membership. Stupid friars. I think, this is the only underground cemetery that has been built in the Philippines (correct me if I'm wrong, okeh). During the Revolution against the Spaniards, this cemetery was used by the Katipuneros as a secret meeting place. Major decisions on the side of the revolutionaries were forged here. That is why, this place is now a National Heritage site with regular grumpy auntie guarding this place.

She was just too annoyed that we arrived few minutes past 4:00 PM and the park is supposedly open only until 4:00 PM.
She hated us. She was shouting "No flash photography, and pictures taken are for personal use only". Okay, fine.

Anyway, we barely got time to see other places in this town like the old church they got and many other stuffs. I wish to visit this place again.

After the visit to the cemetery, we were off to go back to Makati where this trip started. And as promised by the organizers, they would be doing some raffle to give away some longganisa (chorizo or local sausage) from Lucban. Yeah, we were the first among 4 other groups that will be bringing home the prize.

But being loyal to the longganisa from our town, I still declare our longganisa to be the best there is. Lucban is far third, second is the one from Vigan. :)
Nagcarlan