Speedboats and snorkling

Punta Cana Travel Blog

So, today I woke up, went to the beach and then woke up again! ;) I spent the morning lounging on the beach, it was wonderful, nice little breeze coming off the ocean beautiful sun!
This afternoon however was not so relaxing but totally fun! We rented a little 12 ft. speedboat and you drive but follow a guide (so you don't hit the reef). I think the guide was thinking we were going to go slow and be scared and I think he was pleasently surprised when he took off and so did we! We bounced around for about 30-45 minutes and then we were able to get out and go snorkling. It was cool, there were just a lot of people at the snorkling site. Saw some fish, they're definitly NOT scared of people.
So- this might be a good time to inform you all how nervous fish make me. There is no real rationality to my fear of fish but I HATE them especially when they get very close...NOT COOL!
Anyway, as I said these damn fish are NOT scared of people and will happily come up very close...ew...The guide kept swiming over to me being like, You ok? It's no problem? I was like YES, there is a damn problem! Freakin' fish...I don't think he cared...ANYWAY back in the boat! Cruised around for another 20-30 minutes to this natural pool. The water was about waist high, super warm and crystal clear! Once again, back in the boat and headed home!
Punta Cana