Hamilton Island

Hamilton Island Travel Blog

Hamilton Island Cove.
After relaxing on the beach for two days, it was time to get moving again. I hopped an EastWest airliner and headed to Hamilton Island. I wanted to see bluewater, but not get caught up in a total tourist trap.  I chatted we the flight crew and hit it off. Working for an airline has its privileges. I could see the island from my window and the runway that literally cut the island in-two. As we decellerated and turned, the wing passed over the water on the other side of the runway. Not much room for error! I took a glf cart to the Reef View Hotel an chef into a gorgeous room. Travertine tile floors ran throughout and onto the balcony. The bath was so big you could have had a party in it. After unpacking, I headed out for the sites. I rented a golf cart and explored the various points. A nice beach, a village complete with nightclub (Dirty Nelly's) and a zoo. I ran into the flight crew at lunch an had an enjoy conversation about places we'd been, were going, and scads of other topics. Too bad TravBuddies wasn't around yet! The day was great and the night fun. I went to the night club and danced the night away with a couple of the flight attendants and felt good about my choices in travel. I'd head back to Sydney after another night.
Hotel area.
Hotel area.
Myself and some of the locals.
Myself and some of the "locals".
Koala Hilton