Bondi Beach

Bondi Beach Travel Blog

The calm befor the storm at Bondi.
After all the running around I did the first two days, it was time to unwind and relax. I spent the next two days at Bondi Beach. I found a neat little hotel right across the street that was more like an efficiency apartment. Comfy with a view to the beach. I can't remember the name at the moment, but I'll update it when I do. The sand on this beach is fantastic! You can't wear shoes! You sink into the sand up to your ankles with each step. A long, sweeping cresent of fine sand stetching atleast a mile. My first morning, the beach was almost deserted. The people slowly started to arrive until you could hardly find a place to set a towel. Bondi was my first taste of an "International" beach. Being from the South, we didn't have a lot (or any) topless bathing by women. Sex sales, but American modesty is to laugh at! With only a few exceptions , I started to notice it less and less. I hardly notice at all nowadays. My, how I've grown!  Anyway, I spent the next two days catching rays, frequenting the surf shops and hanging at the beach clubs. It would invigorate me for the rest of my trip.
Bondi Beach