Tuesday Before the Big Event

Upper Sandusky Travel Blog

Well, what's on tap for today?  I received word last night that one of the queens candidates has withdrawn from the contest due to starting a new job.  It is kind of sad because she was a representative of a department that is very close to Upper and hasn't entered a queen in several years!  I'm trying to redo the judging schedule now.

All the firemen are having work nights this week.  The station has been painted and cleaned to look "pretty."  Volunteers are slowly signing up to help with registration, sales, and general help.  Everyone has their eye on the weather forecast, but that can change overnight.  So far, Friday looks good, but Saturday could bring a few showers to the area.  Temperatures are favorable, though, with highs in the middle to upper 70s daytime and around 60 at night.  We will just keep our fingers crossed.

Thursday nights picnic is coming together nicely.  We will probably have between 80-90 people attending.  This is just a time for the workers to unwind a little before jumping into the whole weekend activities.  Friday's Ladies Tour hit a bump in the road yesterday, and I haven't gotten all the problems solved as of yet.  The queens contest is coming together.  It is just a little hectic with all the last little details needing completed.  Other Friday activities are also coming together.  Saturday plans are pretty much set.  The parade committee is working hard getting all the entries into the line.  I guess this is really going to happen!

Hopefully, I will have some pictures of the preparations soon.  I've been too busy to pick up the camera and shoot a few pictures.  Tonight's goal!

PhinsAndGills says:
I read your quick description of the convention about bringing in around 8000 people. What most people reading this don't realize is that will more than DOUBLE the size of our little town! YIPE!
Posted on: Jun 17, 2008