Day 2: The Zipline Canapy tour

Puerto Viejo Travel Blog

Go Casey!!!
After a slightly dissapointing morning where we discovered we had been mistakenly booked for two tours on one day, and realized we could not take the quad tour to the waterfalls, Augustin saved the day by booking us a special tour to to just the zipline canopy trip. (This was the second part of the combo that included the four wheel drive tour.) It was probably a blessing in disguise for me, for the canopy tour was definitely one that took all of my strength. Pablo was our guide and he was very helpful, but I held to tight to the cable on the first run, and had to haul myself and camera equipment and 2 liters of water half of the way up the cable. BIG MISTAKE! It wasted me for quite a while. I learned my lesson, tho, and made it all the way every time after that.
Little Foot Big Tree Star
Casey came up short several times, but not like me, and never for much of a distance, at all. The climbs up the mountains to the canopy seemed strenuous,  but it may have just been the altitude and jet lag.  I was too short to hook the cables, so each time I had to do a couple pull ups so Pablo or the other guy could make the attachment. I've got major burn in my abs and chest muscles, today, lemme tell ya! We also had to lift our legs and cross our ankles so that was good for the stomach muscles, too. The sights were  awe inspiring. The last  run, Casey and I turned upside down in honor of Christopher and his rope swing  spiderman  technique. We had the best pineapple ever at the end of the tour.
     It really was fun once I had recovered from my haul. Flying above the jungle like Tarzan is a good way to have some adventure. After the last run, we came back to the first platform and had some freshly picked pineapple before heading back on the bumpy ride home. Our driver stopped an picked up several Tico on the way home. Everywhere I look, people are either walking, or laying in their hammocks. I'm ready for the laying around part!

Pura Vida!