Patong

Patong Travel Blog

We flew into Phuket on Tuesday - our flight was delayed two hours so after an hour flight we landed at Phuket airport and got a taxi (who sped at 130 km the whole way - white knuckle stuff) to Patong.

We found the Mermaid Resort - which is the first place you come to when you enter Patong - around 11pm - the woman at reception told us that we were "very late very late" to which I tried to tell her our flight was delayed - she didnt understand so I gave up - too hard.  We got our key and went to our roomss - very nice - mini bar big king bed and a pool out side our room to dive into. Yes !!!

The next two days concisted off getting up at 9am having breakfast, walk into town (10min), have lunch and hit the beach - I have to say the beach is awesome - White sand and the water is warm and buitful. Deck chairs are availble to hire, they come with two unbralliers and a table, all this for 140 baht.

We moved to a new hotel today PS2 - half the price of Mermaids.  As we were walking to our room Dave noticed the pool with 4 topless tourists (woman).  He quickly put his bags away and went for a swim.

Patong