First there was 5, now there was 10!!

Gold Coast Travel Blog

Bree and I checked out at 10am and caught a taxi to our new accomodation, the Surfers Tropique Resort.  The resort was located between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach.  It was a nice and quiet location away from the hussle and bussle of Surfers Paradise.  Shauna had already checked in for us, so we grabbed the key and had a look at our apartment.  We were across the hall from the other apartment so that was good too.

Bree and I then relaxed on the balcony while we waited for more people to fly in.  My cousin Shaz was flying in around lunch time, and not long after that our friend Maz and her boyfriend were also flying in from Sydney.  Shauna and her boyfriend went to pick up Shaz in the jeep they had hired, while Bree and another travel mate, Pat sat, chatted and waited for everyone to get home.

Bree and I also went searching for somewhere to eat and we came across the Northcliffe surf club.  It was right on the water with large bay windows open so that you could smell the ocean while seated inside the club.  We had some breakfast which was really nice, and just sat around and took in the beautiful views.  Also it was only a 10 minute walk from our resort which was a bonus also!!

Shaz finally arrived at 1pm, and the first thing all us girls did was go grocery and grog shopping!! We drove to broadbeach and got the amenities, then stop at the bottle shop and stocked up!

We then got ready and went to dinner...at Hooters!! Not the best food really, and the girls weren't very entertaining, but it was still fun!  We then headed to a pub a few doors down and this was really nice.  A band played all the latest music and there were young people everywhere.  We decided to have a few drinks here before heading into Cavill Ave.

We were lucky enough to get a maxi taxi and headed into Surfers.  Our first stop was Shooters bar (it was free entry before 11pm, yay!), which is country themed, with wooden panelled and cow skin stools!! Good music there, so we had a dance before heading to the next club.  There are so many clubs in surfers Paradise that are walking distance from each other, so it is very convenient when you want to try a new atmosphere!

As it was Shauna's birthday, we let her decide where she wanted to go to next.  We almost went to "The Drink" but it was $10 entry and the exact same music as shooters, so we decided to go to the Bourbon Bar instead.  Before I could enter the bar, a fight broke out with two of the girls within our group.  I was the only one outside, the rest of the group had already entered the club, and lil old me could do nothing to calm them down.  So it ended with the two girls exchanging punches!! Rather dramatic end to the night.  Unfortunately the two girls were sharing the apartment, which I was also in, so it ended up being 8 of us in one apartment and 2 people in the other for the night.

Luckily, the next day the girls sat down, apologised to each other and made amends.  Definitely an interesting start to our holiday!

Gold Coast