First day in Surfers Paradise!

Gold Coast Travel Blog

me outside the Mantra Sun city

My friend Bree and I were travelling together, and we had an early 7am flight to QLD, so we were up and at the airport by 6am.  By the time we went through check in it was pretty much boarding time, until Virgin Blue decided to change the gate and we had to make it to the other end of the airport!!!!

The flight was pretty smooth.  We were at the front of the plan, aisle 6, which was really good too, and a first for me.  Our friend Shauna was also on the same flight with her boyfriend Dean and his friend Pat.  The first night Bree and I would be staying in a hotel, but then we would be meeting up with Shauna and a few more friends to stay in apartments for the rest of our stay.  Bree and I went to check into our hotel.

We caught up with Shauna and the others to have breakfast at Pancakes in Paradise!!! Inside there are balloons everywhere and our table was a fake hot air balloon.

the pool
  Brekkie was really good and afterward we had a look at a few shops, but it was really hot so Bree and I decided to go back to our hotel for a swim.  I went to put my cossies on but in the process my boardshorts ripped and I had nothing to swim in, so instead Bree and I had a shower and headed back into Surfers Paradise for a late lunch.

We were craving for quarter pounders, so we went to MacDonalds and had a look around at more shops.  We then slowly headed back to the hotel just as it was getting dark.  We then took a few pics of the pool because it was Aztec themed, with two waterslides at the top of some stairs which was kind of impressive.

We went to bed pretty early since we had been up since 5am.  Tomorrow we would be checking out early to go to the place where Shauna had booked us in for the next 5 days.

the pool with waterslides