Day 1: The Quest for a hotel

Hotel Aguilar Travel Blog

After picking up my rental car I drove into town to a little local hotel that I stay at most of the time called "Hotel Aquilar".  It is located right in town about 1 block off the waterfront and within a block or two of all of my friends restaurants and bars so it is very convenient for me and very resonable rates.

I did not have a reservation (but i never do) so I was hoping that this being the first week of summer break for most families I would get a room and not have to make several stops before getting a place to lay my head.

Mayte, the hotel desk clerk, is a wonderful lady and takes very good care of you was there when I arrived and was very helpful in getting a room.  The hotel had been full the night before but they took my bags and promised me a room in 1 hour which was fine with me because I was going to one of my favorite little lunch spots the to the east side of the island to do a bit of kite flying and napping on the beach.

the nightly rate was $40 which included all taxes.  What do you get for $40 a night you ask.. well, it is not the Ritz but it is a clean and functional room with good A/C and ceiling fans, cable television, a mini-fridge, two full beds and a bathroom (shower only...no tub) with HOT water.

It is no frills but very comfortable, great location and great staff.

oh and they do have a little pool in a courtyard if you are at the hotel and want to cool off.
Hotel Aguilar