Touring Traditional, cultural souks, and business-cum-leisure facilities of Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi Travel Blog

Following our meetings and shopping in Dubai, Peter rented a car from Hertz and off we went to Abu Dhabi for the next series of meetings. Mind you I was not included in the meetings since I was only there as Peter's companion. I was happy not to have to sit in meetings and do the politeness thing in honor of the customs of Abu Dhabi. While the meetings progressed, I took off sightseeing in a Taxi (which I do not recommend by the way). Since I had no idea where to go or what I was doing, I asked the Taxi driver (he spoke English well enough) to take me to what he considered the tourist hot spots in Abu Dhabi. He smiled and looked at me as if to say 'lady, what the hell!' nonetheless he drove me around and made short stops to point out what he thought I wanted to see.

Abu Dhabi is a cosmopolitan city with urban architecture, lush green gardens and fountains. It bursts with dazzling business-cum-leisure facilities ranging from state-of-the-art convention Centre, luxurious hotels, spas, designer golf courses, theatres and very soon, some of the world’s most famous museums. The huge palace looking shopping malls and traditional souks in Abu Dhabi make for a great shopping expedition. Gastronomic treats abound from cool and sophisticated cafes, clubs to outstanding serviced restaurants.

"Travel is an exciting and adventurous passion, it is quite expensive but the reward outweighs the expense. If you can afford it, do it!" Africancrab.

Abu Dhabi