Shopping, shopping and more shopping at the various souks

Dubai Travel Blog

Having a light snack at a Cafe inside the City Center Mall after a shopping all morning and most of the afternoon.

Dubai is the world's best shopping destination. If you are a woman who likes shopping like I do, you will forget that there are seven-star properties, the world's tallest tower, manmade islands, underwater hotels and buildings that spin like a Weeble. There is so much to do in Dubai that one literally has to write down a To-Do list in order to see the best of everything. We did use a taxi since I had not dressed like the typical tourist. Like a girl trying to please a man, I wore heels and a skimpy dress when Peter asked to take me to breakfast. Little did I know that he had a sightseeing day in mind? Like the typical man, he did not advise that I needed comfortable shoes and dress; he instead complimented me on my choice of outfit.

We started with the City Center Mall which any man will tell you is not a good idea.

Inside a shop at the Gold Souk
Peter turned out t be patient and helpful as I turned the day of sightseeing into a shopping nightmare for any man. I went from one designer shop to another, and tried on as many shoes and dresses as I could per shop. At the end of it all, had bought 6 pairs of shoes, 4 dresses and 2 gold and silver necklaces. We had a light lunch at one of the mall cafes.

In the evening, Peter decided to take control; he surprised me with a dinner on the Dhow Cruise boat. The traditionally decorated wooden dhow sailed off in the evening through the creek. From a distance the Dubai skyline showed beautifully.

"Travel is an exciting and adventurous passion, it is quite expensive but the reward outweighs the expense. If you can afford it, do it!" Africancrab

Having a light snack at a Cafe ins…
Having a light snack at a Cafe in…
Downtown
Downtown
Dubai Sights & Attractions review
Desert Safaris in 4x4s over huge sun dunes
We booked our safari through Knight Desert Safari company in Dubai, they were incredibly professional and polite. It was an evening safari starting ab… read entire review
Dubai