Day 09: Melbourne > Singapore..but oops...Sydney

Melbourne Travel Blog

Fruit stall at QVM
See the title, we're supposed to head back to Singapore but the problem was due to our local flight from Melbourne to Sydney. There was like an hour delay. And by the time we reached Sydney Airport, our Qantas flight to Singapore had already left. We went to talk to the Qantas helpdesk nearby and she informed that the only earlier plane to Singapore would be next day at about 4.55pm. How delighted I was because I can stay in Australia one day. But Din wasn't pleased. He's wanting to go home earlier maybe due to the Great Singapore Sale. The Qantas helpdesk staff named Angie, then allocated us to Mercure Sydney Airport hotel which was a 5 minute drive from the Airport.

Initially, we thought that the Mercure Hotel is the one at Sydney's City area but we were kinda got "conned" by our own beliefs.
Cheap apples for sale
Haha. When we were at the hotel, it was really great. The hotel we were in was a 5 star hotel. Large rooms, great place although there were no shops nearby.But for dinner, we weren't allowed to choose food from the menu. The assistant restaurant manager informed, we can only eat chicken. Well well, allocated to a 5 star hotel but only allowed to eat chicken. What do you think? After dinner, Din wanted to use the internet at the airport so I accompanied him to the Airport. I was too tired to join him so while he was busy there, i just sat down at the chair. He didn't use it that long so we went back. We watched tv after that and slept quite late as our flight tomorrow will be at 4.55pm so we've quite some time.

I forgot to add, since our pickup time from our hotel to the Melbourne airport was at 11.33am, i woke up early around 5.45am to go to Queen Victoria Market to see what's great as a lot of people told me. When i was there at around 6.15am, most stalls weren't up yet so i took a detour and went to Cole's supermarket and head back to the hotel room. Waiting for Din to wake up, we went to Cole's to get some chocolates as souvenirs and then again to Queen Victoria Market & it's fully opened this time. We only had like some short time so we quickly got some last minute souvenirs and I snapped some photos before heading off.
Queen Victoria Market sign