Day 07: Sydney > Melbourne (Domestic Flight)

Melbourne Travel Blog

Melbourne Library right?
On this day, we have to go off to our last state in Australia for our holidays which is Melbourne. I seriously, can't recall what were the events happened before we head off to Sydney Airport. I only know our flight was at 1.30pm but again, it was delayed 30mins later. That was really upsetting since I thought, if we reached Melbourne early, perhaps, we could walk around to the local shops there. Shops there closed around 5-6pm just like in any other state in Australia except Surfer's Paradise. Well, still we reached our Sophia Hotel located at King St quite late. I think we were in Melbourne about 3.30pm. The flight from Sydney to Melbourne isn't that long so it's quite alright.
Snaps of Melbourne at night.

Talking about Sophia Hotel, before I left Singapore, I did made a check on the hotel's website. It claimed that it's a 4 star hotel so I had high hopes on it. If you try to go now, i think you're more devastated than I am. The hotel was having some exterior renovation, lift wasn't working properly and guess what, our room was extremely small.  Hardly any space to store our lugggage. Thank goodness I'll be staying there for few days, not for a week or months. So i won't recommend you guys this hotel.

After we put our luggages, we went out to have dinner. We ate at this Nelayan Indonesian restaurant and the price was much better than other places we went before. We realized that across the street where we were eating, there's this Adult shop whereby you can pay $2 for a nude peep show. I told Din about it and he agreed to it, but later in the late evening. We walked around for a while, went to Myers and there was a nationwide sale for Myers department. Myers is equivalent to Singapore's Metro department store. I didn't get anything there and Din kept on saying there's the Great Singapore Sale and it was pissing me off. Later in the evening, we went to Melbourne's IMAX, hoping to watch a good show. Instead, 2 shows were available; U2 Live and Shine a Light. Waaa..again live shows and we went back. How disappointing since we walked quite a big distance from our hotel to Imax.

We have a big day ahead tomorrow..to Philip Island & Aussie Cattle Farm..so we had slight early rest for the night.
Chinatown is so small.
Chinatown is so small.
How sad..shops close so early.
How sad..shops close so early.
Now, what is this building?
Now, what is this building?
Melbourne