Day 05 Gold Coast > Sydney (Domestic Flight)

Sydney Travel Blog

Nobody...only us
After spending 4 days in Gold Coast, it's time to venture in another state in Australia and next is Australia's famous one, Sydney. I know that Sydney is a city side kind of place, unlike Gold Coast whereby the place is much more relaxed. I wish to stay here one day. Our flight from Brisbane to Sydney departs at 1.15pm after some short delays with our flight, plus coach transfer to our Rydges Capitol Hotel located at George St, we arrived at 4pm. In this coach, there were many other tourists and it seemed only Din & I were the young ones. That's what the coach driver called us when we reached our hotel area.
Can you see anybody else?
  The driver called, "Can the 2 young boys get down?". I asked, "Which young boys?". Another tourist interrupted & said, "Of course both of you." & all laughed at us.

During our domestic flight, I told Din that we need to hurry once we reached our hotel because I wanted to go to the famous Paddy's Markets which was just a 5minute walk from the hotel.The moment we placed our luggages in our hotel room, we quickly head to Paddy's Markets after getting quick help from the hotel reception for directions. The time was about 4.20pm and Paddy's Market closes at 5pm and I need to make quick souvenir purchases. I did buy a few items although I was disappointed not to get more especially when I brought so much money. I talked to one of the of the stall owners & he informed, he prefers shorter working hours. I guess, he wouldn't like to work in Singapore because shops here closes around 10pm.
Left is Mine, Right is Din's

After the short souvenir shopping, we went back to our hotel to place my stuff and went out again. This time, it's dinner time. I did brought my researched eating places because I know that Din is one picky eater. Still, he opted to eat at a place where his sister had recommended. This restaurant was called Indigo and it was just across the street (Pit Street). Over at this restaurant, there were nobody at all. We were the only ones there and as you can see the photos, there's nobody. I did talked to the young restaurant waitress and informed her that we just reached Sydney few hours back & she informed that her manager may help us around Sydney.

Again, I chose fried kway teow there and price wasn't that good. I won't say how much this time. While we were eating, the restaurant manager came to our table and introduced himself.
Cockle Bay night time
He told us that he was also from Singapore but has migrated to Australia 20years ago. He did help us a bit on how to get to Imax as that's where I wanted to go to after dinner & he also recommended other food places in the area.

We then proceeded to Imax and the weather in Sydney is extremely cold about 16degrees. It has never been cold in Singapore. The weather in Singapore is always between 25 - 32 degrees. Hot and Sunny. We did past by Darling Harbour and we reached Imax. Disappointingly, the only show available was U2 LIVE. Din wasn't keen on that so we went to walk from IMAX to Sydney's Opera House. Disappointingly, we never reached that famous landmark as we got stuck to a dead end somewhere & went back to our hotel. So that's the events of the day in Sydney.

flealancer says:
much much better.
i tell you i fell in love with life there that i don't want to come back :P
Posted on: Oct 01, 2008
Left is Mine, Right is Dins
Left is Mine, Right is Din's
Cockle Bay night time
We ate at Indigo..Great place.
We ate at Indigo..Great place.
Sydney