La fortuna

La Fortuna Travel Blog

Well we arrived here in La Fortuna yesterday, even though we was completely conned by some taxi driver who took us to the caribe bus station and not the norte one!!! we decided to stay at hotel Dorothy, which is in actual fact where i stayed last time i was here. The guy who owns is has not changed one bit he is still just as friendly as before! Very helpful! Yesterday we just had a look round the town which is really nice, it is touristy but not as much as some of the other places i have seen! Our Hotel is pretty much just behind the town area!

Today Noel set us up for a tour which i am really looking forward to tonight..... we are goin to hopefully get a good look at volcan Arenal and see the lava, it also then includes going to the hot springs after. I hope they are as good as i remember them being! The whole of La Fortuna is really cheap, mostof the hostels/hotels are too, which is probably why there are so many tourists!

About an hour ago we visited the Waterfall! it was really nice, we admittingly got a taxi up there as wedont want to be late for our tour later on. When we got there we changed into our swim suits..... but didnt nee to as we did not get in, in the end. The waterfall was really amazing..... of course there was soem stupid idiot who wanted to swim right next to it, never mind the fact that he could have been swept under it with all the pressure! It was a steep walk back up but we did actually make it! I have some good pictures but have not got a cable at the moment to put them on! But i hope i can soon.

Well i best get ready for my tour tonight ill post one on how it was..... hope its good!!

travelman727 says:
Coast Rica sounds wonderful! I know your going to continue to have many fantastic adventures!
Posted on: Nov 24, 2006