Todai-ji Temple

Todai-ji Travel Blog

Todai-Ji Temple

Even before we entered the temple, I had felt the greatness of it. We had to walk a little far from the parking area to the temple. The path was large and many trees at the right and the left side. We also found many deers. We bought some kind like cookies and fed them, so we could see one closer and touched it.

Todai-ji Temple was a huge temple. It was the largest wooden building in the world! WOW! Inside the temple, there was a gigantic Buddha statue made of bronze. His nose was 50 cms, so you can imagine how big the statue is.

We were explained about the history of the temple and also about the statue by a special guide. Then we met the head of the monks of the temple. It was an honor for us, we could received privately by him. We had a discussion for a while then took a picture together.

I was very impressed by him and the temple. Unfortunately, I didn't remember all stories that he told. But, fortunately he gave us a book about the temple, so I could read it again if I want need some information about it.

YantiSoeparno says:
Really? I thought all of them were hungry and ate all what the visitors gave ;-)
Posted on: Dec 13, 2008
genex13 says:
Nara Park is cool with all it's deer. But the deer seems picky about the persons feeding them.
At least we got the impression there.

The statue in front of the builidng frightened me a lot.
Posted on: Dec 13, 2008