AsiaJapanKyoto

Kyoto Day 3

Kyoto Travel Blog

Highway in Suburban Kyoto

Today, we visited 2 schools. The first one was an agriculture vocational school, Furitsu Nongeikoko. It was situated in suburban. The view on the way there was beautiful. I was chilled by it. The highway was empty and the road condition was very good. It was not like in Indonesia. We have many broken roads. What surprised me was, the bus didn't stop at the toll gate. The driver even didn't reduce the speed. But, voila! the gate was opened automatically. I just knew that the gate had a sensor that could identify the bus. I knew it from Ibu Miyo that the bus company would pay the toll fare regularly (maybe monthly), so the drivers didn't have to pay every time they entered the toll road. Then, I remember that Japan is leading in technology. I felt like a village people who just came to a big city.

Students' bedroom @ Furitsu Dorm

At the school, we were very well accepted. Even the school management made the tea for us. I felt very honored and embarrased at the same time. In Indonesia, if there are visitors, we will call maid or office girl to make tea for them.

We were shown the dormitory, the students' bedrooms and the bathrooms. The special thing was the tub was just like mini swimmingpool, so the students could take a bath together. Then, we were taken to the barn where we saw fat cows and the plantation. The school had some tractors. Very modern! The students also studied landscape. I saw the unfinished garden.

Then, we were taken inside the school. The students wore elegant uniforms, white shirt, dark blue trousers or skirt, and jacket plus tie.

"Mooo...."
 The uniform was different with the students we met outside. We saw students who studied in the classroom and also in the computer lab. The facility was very complete. We couldn't compare it with Indonesian schools, ve...ry different.

From the school, we went for lunch. The restaurant that we would have lunch was closed to a temple. Its name was Serior Temple. The temple was a big wooden house with very large garden. We didn't go inside because our main purpose to go there was to have lunch.

The restaurant was called Yudofu. We sat on the mat. The table had been arranged very neatly and beautifully. The menu was special, all were made of tofu. Even the pudding, was made of tofu. The taste for me didn't hook my tongue.

But, I was amazed by the art, how Japanese people made the food and the dining sets lovely. They even made the beans very special, they were golden glazed! And I ate the gold!

After having lunch, before we went to the second school, we had sightseeing. We went to a river that I didn't know the name. The view was winter view where all was gray. No leaves, only trunks. There were many crows looked for food. I found a vending machine that sell drinks. I remembered Jakarta, if I felt thirsty, it was easy for me to buy drinks in small stalls beside the roads. In Japan, they had vending machine.

The second school we visited today was Sagano High. It was a public school. The facility was complete and modern. The interesting thing that I found there was the students who cleaned the school.

Beverage Vending Machine
Every student had turn to clean. Another thing was, they had special lockers to keep the students' shoes. Everybody had to change their shoes with special sandals for inside the building. Therefore, the floor was always clean.

Before, we went back to the hotel, we dined first. We had dinner at the restaurant closed to the hotel. The menu was shabu-shabu. Actually, I like my food grilled or fried more than steamed or boiled. But, this shabu-shabu was okay. I liked the beef. Unfortunately, we ordered more vegetables than beef because it was expensive! I found weird mushroom there. It was white, thin, and always in a bunch. I didn't know the name.

After we had enough eat, we went back to the hotel by foot.

YantiSoeparno says:
I was really amazed by many things I found in Japan. I didn't buy anything from the vending machine. I went there in winter, so I wasn't often thirsty.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2008
genex13 says:
Oh yeah, I know what you mean about feeling like coming from a rural area, when seeing japanese technology. I think knowing it and later experience it, is completely different.
I loved the vending machines... because it was autumn and very hot. I loved to just get fresh cold water or juice from it, whenever i needed it. It would be hell to take 2liter of water with me when walking around in the heat of the day.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2008
Shoe lockers @ Sagano
Shoe lockers @ Sagano
Smile for well food
Smile for well food
Dont take that, its mine!
"Don't take that, it's mine!"
Take a pict with pretty waitress