AsiaJapanOsaka

Day 7, Osaka to Tokyo

Osaka Travel Blog

Osaka Castle

As I remembered, today was the most memorable visit ever. It was a long day as well.

After checking out from the hotel, we went to Osaka Castle. We had to a long walk from the parking area to the castle. The castle was amazing. We could see and enjoyed the view of the city from the castle. There was also a museum where visitors could know about the history of the castle. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember about it.

We had lunch at a well-designed restaurant that I didn't know the name. The food was okay and the interior was tremendous. It was a candy to my eye (quote from Roger :D).

After having lunch, we went to Osaka Sea World. It was the first time for me to see the real penguins! They were put in front of the entrance, on ice.

The real penguins
I really enjoyed the fishes inside the fish tank. I was accompanied by Hasegawa-san. He was so nice, translated all Japanese writing that had not English translation. The corridor was like a spiral around a big fish tank. Outside the spiral there were many small tanks. I looked to every single tank, adore those small and big sea creatures untill I forgot the time. Ibu Miyo called Hasegawa-san to inform that everybody had bee on the bus except us. So, we went to the exit door. But... I allowed myself to buy some souvenirs for my daughters and took a pict with the penguin mascot.

Then, we went straight to the railway station. We would go to Tokyo by Shinkansen, yippee! It took 4 hours from Osaka to Tokyo by Shinkansen. The price was expensive, it was about 1 million rupiahs. Lucky me, I got a chance to travel by it!

YantiSoeparno says:
Capatain Jack Sparrow? Wow, it must be more energetic than the penguin I met, hahaha ;D
The schedule of our visit was very tight. Japanese people are good in it. So, we were only go here and there for a while. But, I like that, cause I saw more in quantity ;-) even not in quality :-(
I'm glad to know that you enjoy my blog Uta. It also brought back lots of memories to me as well ;D
Posted on: Dec 13, 2008
genex13 says:
We had Captain Jacl Sparrow running around in front of the seaworld.
I reeeeeally loved the whale shark in the big tank. I sat there for an hour watching it swimming around next to the big manta ray. I wanted to see a whale shark for real once in my life. They are so great creatures.
I loved the space they gave the fishes and dolphins. Did you see the moon fish. He scared me a little bit. And the sea spiders... a little girl screamed when they moved after she banged against the glass. it was funny.

I have to say i love your blog very much. You seem to have a lot of fun in japan. And for me it brough back a lot of memories.
Posted on: Dec 13, 2008