Kansai Airport

Kansai Airport Travel Blog

The first point of my visit in Japan

After 7 hours flight and transit at Ngurah Rai Airport at Denpasar, I arrived at Kansai Airport. I came with other 11 leaders from Islamic schools in Indonesia, 10 men and 2 women (including me). We were invited by MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affair) for comparison study in education. Before we departed, we had been briefed by 4 attaches from the Embassy of Japan at Soekarno Hatta Airport about our visit. We would stay for 2 weeks and visit some schools and temples.

To tell the truth, I was nervous. It was my first time to go abroad (besides going for Hajj). Even I came with 11 other people and one of them was our leader, but I cannot speak, read, and write Japanese. So, I was potentially to be lost. When I proceeded the immigration, I had to write how much money that I brought.

On the bus, happy and tired
I didn't bring much. But, they didn't do anything to me because I wrote that I was invited by MOFA. So, I thought they were sure that I would be fine with little US dollars and yens.

The airport was amazing. I regreted that I didn't take the picture of the interior because I was afraid that it was forbidden. At last, we met our guide, Ms. Miyo Furusawa. She could speak Indonesian because she was retired from MOFA and had been assigned in Indonesia for several years. Then, we called her Ibu Miyo (Ibu = Ms in Indonesian).

The airport was very modern. I was amazed. From the place that the plane landed, we were transfered to the main airport by an electric small train. The train door was opened only for a few minutes so we had to board in a hurry if we didn't want to be left by.

It was cold outside the airport because it was winter.

OTW to Kyoto
 We had prepared ourselves by wearing coats. When we boarded into the bus, it warm inside. On the bus we had a chat with Ibu Miyo. Some of us took a nap, some looked at the view through the windows. I tried to remember my friends one by one. All of us didn't know each other except our leader and his assistant. Our leader was Bapak Abuddin, a professor in a wellknown Islamic university in Jakarta (Universitas Islam Negri Syarif Hidayatullah). His assistant was Bapak Jajang, a researcher from PPIM.

The first one that I knew of course another woman of the group, Ibu Halimah. She was from Lampung.

So... we went to Kyoto.

miakhadeeja says:
am going there soon and this info really helps
Posted on: May 24, 2012
genex13 says:
Wow, what a way to get to japan.
Kansai Airport is really impressive. My Japan trip ended there.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2008
YantiSoeparno says:
Yeah, I was so so lucky ;-)
Japanese government has many programs for Indonesian people.
Posted on: Nov 24, 2008
The first point of my visit in Jap…
The first point of my visit in Ja…
Kansai Airport