Berlin, Germany

Berlin Travel Blog

Reichstag

I flew to Europe with two friends - Iris and Ingrid.

Upon arriving at Tegal Airport, we rushed to our Hotel to meet up with our Contiki tour mates for the first time. I was super tired, dirty, and felt disgusted. I was also really thirsty from the dry air circulating on the plane.

We arrived at our hotel and checked in. We immediately freshen up and head back downstairs to meet up with everyone We had such a hard time finding the meeting room we accidently barged into a wedding of some sorts. When we finally found the room the meeting had already begun. All we could think about is food and water at this point.

The food we received was ok. But most of the time we were filling out paperwork and listening to the rules of Contiki. Our tour manager - Jordana was strict about a few things but she seemed super friendly and easy going.

That night I just went to bed and prepared for an early day of touring.

I woke up quite early that morning and for some reason I couldn't sleep. I must have been excited or something. I headed to the bathroom to take a shower. When I was trying to get out of the shower, I felt like I was going to slip so I grabbed on the shower rod on top to help me get out of the shower. BAD IDEA!!!! The shower rod wasn't bolted to the walls, it was simply suctioned to the walls. The shower itself was awkward too. I pretty much had to climb out of the very high tub. Needless to say, I slipped and slid to the other side of the bathroom hitting my mouth against some knob of some sort. I badly bruised my knee and hip and the inside and outside of my lip and face. I bled a ton and my roomates were freaked out.

But after a few hours the bleeding lessened but still continued for another day or two. Ugh! Stupid showers!

===============================================

After the morning fiasco, we headed on our tour bus and got a short bus tour of the city. We then had a walking tour but my friends and I didn't want to pay extra for that excursion so we just ventured off by ourselves. We walked and walked and walked to the point of exhaustion. I had a good time seeing everything on foot, but it would have been nice to take the bus every now and then to save energy and time.

By this time, it was already Sunday. Everything was closed! Shops and restaurants! I guess they don't work on Sundays. It was difficult finding a place to eat. It sucked we couldn't even shop either! Such a bummer! So be aware if you go to Berlin, don't expect much choices on Sundays.

Berlin