Arriving the city of Guatemala

Guatemala City Travel Blog

Hotel Vista Real

After thirteen hours of travelling (that includes our three transfers and waiting )we finally arrived Guatemala City. As to be expected, June is there rainy season, so the road was a little bit damped. The airport was very small and as soon as you step out, there would be a lot of tour guides, agent, taxi drivers offering you a ride. It was fortunate that our hotel, Hotel Vista Real Guatemala, provides a free shuttle.

The most important thing that I have brought with me was the Frommer's book for Guatemala because I have absolutely no clue about the place that i am going too.

As I arrived the hotel, I could already tell that this is one of the best hotel  in Guatemala City. First our room is over viewing the city,secondly  it offers a one hour free of internet use everyday, third it provides a free cellphone for use while i am here and my room is very spectacular,next to the presidential suite, and the list goes on and on.

My room

Our plan is just to take it easy for  our first day, and dine to one of their finest restaurants, as recommended in the book , named Tamarindo. Well with our hotel being located on top of the mountain, we have to pay for the taxi approximately 10$  each way to reach this restaurant.

As we arrive the place,all the people in the restaurant are pretty much well dressed  up with some of the customers having  their own personal security lined up out front. The place offers a fusion of asian and western style of cooking and definitely i would recommend to sample the bomba de chocolate(chocate bomb), it takes about 15 minutes for this dessert to be prepared. The South American wine especially the ones that are coming from Argentina and Chile are a must to try.