Back in Boston, June 2006

Boston Travel Blog

Shopping for mogwais in Chinatown
Monday we did some thrifting in Cambridge. There is literally no decent thrifting happening in the city of Boston as far as I have ever been able to discover. It was like a million degrees outside on this day. Nevertheless we found ourselves walking through Harvard Yard because on Saturday at the science museum I found a City Pass laying on the ground. So, I had a free admission ticket to the Natural History Museum. First, we got lost. I ended up asking an old man who was eating potato chips on a park bench where this museum was. Lo and behold, Trinity and I have found a museum that we hated. I can't imagine a more boring museum. The specimens they had were literally tearing and did not appear to be maintained at all.
Burger King... it's what happens during long ATC delays
Blah. Anyway, it was free. But there are are so many other free things to do in the world, I am somewhat annoyed I spent my time doing that one. After that, we went to the Curious George bookstore where I bought tiny elephants which absolutely fascinated me. We got some sandwiches and a fast food place and sat down to eat it. And this disgusting bird flew right on top off our food while we were eating it and wouldn't leave until it took some of the crumbs. I seriously hate birds. After dinner, I called Christina, a friend that I met online, and we met up with and got food, ice cream, and coffee. We went to her apartment where Trinity tormented her cat, and Christina became another in a long line of people to learn that if you hang out with Trinity and me, you will eventually end up at a playground.
Dirty ass bird flies onto my table!
It was great fun, and I am annoyed that I didn't take pictures, even though I had my camera in my backpack the entire time.

Tuesday we had to leave, so we didn't do anything really except go to Chinatown which is smelly and disgusting, like all Chinatowns. We went to McDonald's where I wanted to throw up because it smelled strongly of Chinese food and spices, except for the one notable fact: they didn't serve Chinese food there. We walked around and shopped for mogwais in the shops. We did not find one, nor did we see anything really except for DVDs. So we walked back to the playground at Boston Common for one last hurrah in a fountain in Boston. We went back home to Cambridge and then to the Garment District to shop for clothes by the pound. I spent $11.40, the majority of which was a quilt. I had to steal one of Net's bags to get it back. We had to take the last flight back because it was the only one that was open, of course it rained for 5 minutes in Boston, and that created a ATC delay and our flight went out at 10:00 instead of 8:20. I have realized that every time I go somewhere, my return flight is delayed.
Shopping for mogwais in Chinatown
Burger King... its what happens d…
Burger King... it's what happens …
Harvard Yard
Harvard Yard
Thats what Im talking about!
That's what I'm talking about!
Boston