Very Short and Dumb Visit

Limerick Travel Blog

River Shannon

It got sunny, which I did not expect. We had one hour, so I went to a pub to eat a huge lunch. It was great, and I was stuffed. But it also took up valuable time. Then I went up to St. John's Castle, and paid admission to tour it. Big mistake, since I did not have much time left. I don't know what I was thinking, but it was just plain dumb. I would have only 15 minutes to zoom through the place, then had to return to the bus.

I did make it back, and we would leave Limerick for the Dingle Peninsula area, where we would be staying for the night. Along the way, I would have a nagging stomachache. This is what happens when I eat too much, too fast. It was hard for me to enjoy the scenery because of it.

We passed through Tralee, then got to the town of Annascaul.

view of Limerick, from the castle
This was a nice small town, surrounded by mountains and pastures. Just amazing scenery. I just walked down the street, up to the creek. The town was very nice and seemed very peaceful.

Back at the hostel, there was a pub, where I would end up spending the rest of the night, getting to know people from the tour. And we would mingle with another Paddywagon tour group, who were touring all over Ireland, for a longer period of time. I thought about trying a Guinness, but I don't like beer, so I passed. There was music and dancing. And some good food for dinner. I did have a great time, and watched other people get drunk. Unusual of me, since I'm not a party person.

I went to bed, while others continued to party the night away.

Limerick