Start of Paddywagon Tour

Portlaoise Travel Blog

me on side of ruins

This was the start of the 3-day Paddywagon tour, which was called the Ring of Kerry tour. I woke up later than planned, and thought I would miss the tour. I had to eat a quick breakfast, and check out. Then ran to another hostel, where the tour met. I was sweating like crazy, as I worried that I would miss the tour.

But I got there, and glad to find out that I did not miss it. We all got on the bus, and left Dublin. During the tour, we gave introductions, as we made a stop at a gas station. Then to the first attraction, which was the Rock of Dunasmase

It was old Celtic ruins on a hill, near the town of Portlaoise. I walked around the fort, then inside of it. I did climb along the side, which was not easy. Even more difficult was coming back down. When I did, I just took a look at the Irish countryside, which was everything I expected, and yet, just amazing.

Afterwards, we got back on the bus, and headed to our next stop, Limerick.

cotton_foam says:
Congrats, Walter for this featured blog! Btw, as for the 'secret' -- thanks for sharing :D. I will do that on my next travel blogs!! :D. Sorry, I didn't reply sooner on that PM...it just slipped off my mind... Anyhow, you have a good one, Walter! :)
Posted on: Apr 03, 2014