Landing in Ireland

Dublin Travel Blog

Trinity College
The plane arrived in Dublin in the morning. I got off, and rode the bus into town.

Once in town, I walked across the River Liffey, and checked in the Kinlay Hostel, where I would be spending my nights while in Dublin. After that, I would walk for a little bit, along the river, and then towards the Temple Bar area. I was getting my bearings of the city.

I would start off my Irish adventure, by touring Trinity College. I joined a group, and were shown around the campus, by one of its students. After the tour, I headed inside the Trinity College Library, where the Book of Kells is located. First, it was the theory of how the book was possibly constructed, then the Book itself.
me on campus of Trinity College

Unfortunately, the jet lag got to me, and I sat on one of the ledges in the Book of Kells room, and ended up dozing off for probably 15 minutes. I didn't realize that, until I fully awoke. With a little more energy, I looked around once again.

After that, I went up to the library, where there were all these old books, the oldest in the University. Some were open on display, which also included the original copy of the Proclamation of the Irish Republic. This was what lead to the Easter rising.

I left the library, and went to the National Museum. I started off with displays of prehistoric Ireland, then to Viking Ireland. That was when I started to feel tired again. I went to sit down and watch the film, then tried again. But I was still tired, and it was not worth dragging myself. So I returned to the hostel, and rested there.

I did meet some of the people, who stayed in the same room. Then I went out to take a stroll on O'Connell Street, starting from the bridge over the River Liffey. I did take a slight detour to the Famine Monument, then back to the street. There were statues of various individuals who fought for Irish independence along the way. I went up to the Millennium Spire, then turned around. I went back to the hostel, and called it a day.

The Irish adventure has just begun. :)
Dublin