Dingle Our Way Around

Dingle Travel Blog

Dingle Peninsula

Up in the morning, I went out for a walk in the small town. It was really lovely. I went up to the school, then turned around. I do wonder what it would be like, going to school here.

I returned to the hostel for breakfast, and to pack up. I did see a dog, who often hangs around the area. Then, it was off to the Dingle Peninsula. Along the way, we stopped by a gas station, so we can get some food and drinks. Also, I needed to withdraw money from the ATM, as I was running low on euros. Unfortunately, it rejected my card. I was a bit worried that the bank froze it, even though I told them I would be in Ireland during that time.

I drank some water, and as it turned out, a little too much. We left the station, and drove around the Dingle Peninsula. This was the most scenic part of Ireland, but it was difficult to see through the mist.

Watch Out!
But still amazing. We stopped by certain spots for great views of some islands and the Atlantic Ocean. And one spot on the edge of a cliff. Very scary! We stopped by a beach, where we would walk all the way to the bottom to get there.

Unfortunately, drinking too much water meant the need to pee badly. With no public restrooms anyway, I found a corner that was well hidden. But I had to wait until some kid got out of there, who was playing there. When the kid got out, I finally relieved myself. I know this is Too Much Information and uncalled for, but here is the lesson, so you don't have to go through this experience: Limit your liquid intake during a bus tour.

Back on the bus, we rode around the peninsula, then it was off to Dingle Town. Once there, I went to an ATM, and YES... it accepted my card. I withdrew euros, and enjoy the town. I stopped by a couple churches. The first one was St. Mary's Church, and the second one was St. Joseph's Convent. The windows in St. Joseph's was something to look at, telling the story of Jesus. After our time was over, we left and headed to Killarney.

countryside