Camera Issues in Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

Kilmanhaim Gaol
I would have a full day in Dublin, to see the various attractions around the city.

I start off with a hop-on, hop-off bus tour, giving me a tour of Dublin, starting on O'Connell St. I rode on the top level, until it got to Kilmainham Gaol. I learned that this day was Heritage Sunday, which meant admission was free. I went inside, and started with the museum. I would join a tour, showing us around the prison.

First area that we went, was the main prison. I remember seeing it on travel shows, and where the movie "In the Name of the Father" was filmed. Then we were shown around other parts of the jail. At this point, I decided to stop being conservative with the film, and take many pictures.
inside Guinness Storehouse
I was still using an old camera from the early 90's, which requires a roll of film. And since I am very cheap, I was very selective and would only take pics with me in them. (This is why there are not nearly as many pictures before, and only a few for most days)

When I went out, I was not sure what to do next. I rode the bus, and got to the Dublin Castle. Looking at the schedule, I would not be able to tour, since it is guided only. So I went to the nearby St. Stephen's Green, and just relaxed for a bit.

After a while, I went to the Guinness Storehouse, and toured around the place. This was when I learned that I lost my camera, which I've had since I started to travel solo in 1998, and been in the family since the early 90's. I had to go to the gift shop, to buy a disposable camera, which would have the flash on whenever a picture was taken. It was a pain to use.

So I toured around the Storehouse, learning about the process and history of the Irish beer. Then I went to the top floor, for my free drink. I would get a Sprite, since I hate beer in general.

I went out when it closed up, but I learned that I missed the last bus. So I walked back to the hostel. My throat was feeling scratchy, as I started to feel sick. I did stop by a shop to buy a camera, which had a switch to turn off/on the flash.

At the hostel, I would get the same room as the first night, and talk with some of the roommates. I went to bed early, but the illness gave me some trouble sleeping.
River Liffey