And now a hometown show.

Upper Sandusky Travel Blog

Up again, bright and early (around 7:30 a.m.) to finish loading up Chillicothe show.  Once it was in trucks, we made the 3 hour drive back home.  The firemen do the rack building there (YAHOO!).  They also load a majority of the show.  I concentrated on the three ground show fronts.  I timed the cakes so matching ones would alternate between the three locations.  It was a very neat effect.  Dad let me push buttons again (Mom helped with the finale and a big one) which is a lot of fun, but some added stress.  I thought the show was beautiful.  The firemen that hand-light did an excellent job.  Dan got his first experience at re-loading mortars (you’ll have to ask him – LatitudeAdjuster – his opinion on doing that).  The firemen also clean the show up (WOOHOO!) so I was in bed early (around midnight).  This was my last show for the year.  There’s always a bit of sadness that goes with the last show, but I definitely don’t miss hauling racks around and cleaning racks back up.  I won’t miss 19 hour days driving all over creation and back-breaking work.  I won’t miss the stress of wondering if we’re going to finish in time due to rain and other unforeseen delays.  I will miss the shows and standing closer than anyone else.  I will miss pushing buttons.  I LOVE to push the buttons.

Upper Sandusky