Building racks and a country club show.

Chillicothe Travel Blog

Country Club setup

Okay, now in Chillicothe and building racks.  I can’t help too terribly much with rack building, but I can shovel sand and drive nails fairly effectively.  Again, I apologize for the lack of pictures, but there’s just not time to stop and take pictures.

After rack building, we went to a country club to hand fire a smaller show.  I felt REALLY funny going into the fancy club in my filthy fireworks shirt, dirty shorts, hair in a handkerchief, and just streaked with dirt.  Ah well.  People were just happy to see the fireworks crew. J  It’s kind of like being a mini-celebrity.  Everyone I’ve met from Chillicothe has been extremely friendly.  It seems like a fun town.

The hand-fired show went well.  I lit a cake with a battery, which I had never done before.  It’s MUCH safer than hand lighting a cake.  I did learn, however, to turn your back to the cake when lighting it (DUH).  All I know is, I looked over at Dad hand-lighting the finale and saw sparks, debris, and embers flying everywhere with Dad in the middle of it.  That’s when I decided that you’ve got to be a little south of sanity to do this job.  We cleaned up and headed home.

FishAtHeart says:
I'm very glad that I wasn't at the Country Club show! I would have been very nervous for all of you!
Posted on: Jul 07, 2008