Dead, wet and long gone but back again

Bath Travel Blog

I met Daria three years ago when I worked in London.

I was sitting, looking down at my pathetic sandwich and luke warm beer in 2* hotel near Paddington. The UK had yet to experience the wave of Polish immigrants and she was the first to arrive on a visa, due to expire shortly after Poland joined the EU. When you work away from home, these are the people you make friends with. As sad as that sounds we've stayed in touch and had coffee (Ok Tea) when ever I passed by London. Yesterday I found out she had a day off and I insisted she left London for the day and came out with me - can you believe, 3 years and never been further west than Reading or seen woodland!

I met her at 11.30am at Bath Spa train station.
I was starving having skipped dinner the previous day and breakfast so I took her to All-Bar-One and stuffed a burger down my throat =) After that we wandered around the town centre and visited the Roman Baths - complete with bubbling spring water. I stuck my hand in the steamy water, right in front of a "Please don't do that sign" - the girl on guard smiled at me and I did my best to look sheepish ;-)

After chatting with Daria for a few minutes, we jumped in my car and drove 40 miles to Wales, to Raglan castle - I've been there a few times but this was the first time I had seen the old cat that lived in the castle. Five minutes later and I saw him again, getting carried up to the top of one of the towers - perched on an American tourists shoulder! So cute!

After that I drove home and managed to see an awesome sunset over Portishead!
RuttiTootie says:
OK... do you EVER WORK? Are you hiring? lol
Posted on: Jun 17, 2008
mattango says:
No my cats are much cuter than that one - but I have to appreciate a cat when I see one =)
Posted on: Jun 12, 2008
hirondellenhi says:
not as cute as yours right?
Posted on: Jun 12, 2008