Mini Travbuddy meeting with Gudny (TB name Journy) in Oslo.

Oslo Travel Blog

Gudny and me

Before going to Oslo I received a message from Gudny asking me if I had time to meet her.   It thought it was a great idea to meet her and was looking forward to meet the one that had made the nice Oslo blog.

We changed cell phone nr and I promised to message her when I arrived Oslo to set up a time to meet her.

I had a tight schedule so we met in the hotel lobby where I was staying  and went just around the corner from the hotel and sat outside in the sunshine.

Temperature in Oslo was 30 Celsius so we  had a cold drink, Gudny drinking ice tea, I`m drinking beer.

Gudny told me she had been sun bathing and swimming in the Oslo fjord earlier this day and the temperature was about 20 degree Celsius in the fjord.

I told her about my day, getting up at 04.00,  the bus ride for 560 km from Trondheim to Oslo and about the concert on Youngstorget ( a large square in Oslo) in 30 degree Celsius.

We talked about the plans we had for future travels.  She is planning a trip to Croatia, I`m planning for a trip to Portugal.

Time runs fast, especially when you’re with nice, interesting people.

After I while I had to leave Gudny, I had a boat trip on the Oslo fjord with my band on my schedule

Gudny is a nice person. I felt as if I were meeting an old friend who I haven’t seen for a long time. So communicative and friendly. Gudny is a very nice person.   .

I know that we’ll meet again.  I`m visiting Oslo several time each year, and John is planning a Travbuddy meet up in Stavanger later this year.

codebeck says:
I hope it's that warm when I get there! Anyway, at least I know I'll enjoy the beauty of the fjords!!!
allan ;)
Posted on: Jun 20, 2008
Sweetski says:
Reach out and touch somebody's heart through traveling, isn't that what TB is all about? Meeting a kindred spirit is always a wonderful experience. Perhaps I'll be able to join you ladies one day :)
Posted on: Jun 14, 2008
row-zzzzz says:
Right on for being featured!!
Posted on: Jun 14, 2008
Oslo Hotels & Accommodations review
Five star hotel in the heart of Oslo, sorry to say the service is not up to five stars
My band choosed to stay at a hotel in the heart of Oslo when we visited Oslo in June this year. This is a five star hotel, and the hotel is situate… read entire review
Oslo Sights & Attractions review
Boat trip in the evening sun on the Oslo fjord
If you are visiting Oslo in the summertime you have lots of opportunities to make a boat journey on the Oslo fjord. Down by the harbour you can choos… read entire review