We are in Bali!

Kuta Travel Blog

I woke up around 8:00 AM and already excited about what we will do in Bali. But my hope crashed right that minute when I saw how sounded Ryan slept. I thought “my day wouldn’t start until noon

I tried to entertain myself while waited the right time to wake him up. Good thing I brought one of my favorite books “The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini” with me, so I spent few hours reading the book at the balcony. Bored reading, I walked around Kuta Square and stopped by at Starbucks and had a Hazelnut chocolate to go and I headed back to the hotel.

It was actually a great morning.

The shadow, the sand and the wave
Bright suns and cool breeze. I felt a little bit bummed out that I was still at the hotel and doing nothing :( But I was trying to be positive about this situation and the though finally crossed my mind that traveling is not all about exploring new places. Sometimes, what you need while traveling is just laid-back, relax your mind and just simply enjoy the moment.

FINALLY - It was about 1:00 PM when we settled and ready to get off from the hotel. We agreed to spend the whole afternoon ONLY to chill out at Kuta beach. I had a full body massage as soon as I arrived there. It was good and very cheap! Only for $4.00! Ryan was away swimming and taking pictures.

Once I’m done with my massage, then both of us went swimming a bit. As you all know, the waves in Kuta beach is quite big and strong. The waves scared me to death! I did have bad experience with big waves when I went body boarding in Palau, so it made me a little bit nervous.

Sunset
I didn’t stay in the water very long :)

I took my digital camera and just walked along Kuta beach with him. Sometimes we stopped for awhile to take pictures. We were just simply enjoying great company and wonderful nature.

After cruising Kuta beach for sometimes, Ryan decided to have a jog. So I let him do his exercise and I kept walking to take more pictures. As soon as Ryan finished jogging, we grabbed our things, ran back to the hotel, cleaned up and ran back to Kuta beach. Fffuuuhhh….. we were rushing because we didn’t wanna miss the sunset in Kuta! FYI, beside surfing, Kuta is also famous for its breathtaking sunset view. We came in time! The sunset was PERFECT! I took a lot of pictures and some of them came out nicely as you can see :)

Afterwards we headed to Made’s Warung sice we had a dinner appointment with Lita, my best friend when I was in Palau.

Lita and I at Made's Warung
It’s never been better than meeting an old friend. A lot of things to catch up in a very short time. We enjoyed good food, chit-chat session and great ambiance.

Likewise, time flies when we are having a good time and it was already time to say good bye to Lita again :(  Even though the night was still young, we decided to go back to the hotel and spent the last night of our trip just mellowed out.

I recalled what we have done in the past few days. We were busy visiting and exploring places in Yogyakarta. Then we were basically pampering ourselves, enjoy the nature and great companionship in Bali. It’s a great combination of vacation that we needed after all.

novabelgica says:
That's one beautiful sunset.
Posted on: Jul 31, 2008
rintjez says:
Bwahahaha! You are totally right! Then you should save up some money and find a gf (or wife!).. So you can have your honeymoon in Bali :)
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008
ratu says:
Even important like money, for this ressorts you have to find someone special to go with! ha ha ha
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008