From Magelang to Bali...

Magelang Travel Blog

Our destination today is the famous Borobudur Temple. As we all know, it is the biggest Buddhist temple in Indonesia (or even the world!) that once had been included as 7 wonders of the world.

An hour driving in a very busy road was a bit frustrating for me. However, beautiful views along the way helped to keep me alert and bubbly.

We basically walked around to every corner of the temple and sometimes making uuuuuhh or aaahhhh sounds enjoying a million dollar view from the top of the temple. Taking pictures are mainly what we were doing there.

On the way out, Ryan spontaneously picked a direction and just walked since he wanted to be more explorative.

Surprisingly, we found an Elephant Camp! There were 5 chained and harmless elephants. I think that was the first time for him to get up close and personal with elephants so he was excited to death!

From there, we continued walking. Just walked. Then we got to see green rice fields with farmers who were working. From far we could see a nice construction and the explorative instinct was still there, so we continued walking to get there. I got some information from the farmers that the construction is a Vihara ��" a place for Buddhist people praying.

We had to pass the local residences to get there. It’s very traditional residences and it gave me good feeling just being there. Some locals greeted and asked with Javanese language “Ragil, tindak pundi?” means “Young girl, where are you going?” Simple greetings but it put a smile on my face. It’s been years since the last time my mom called me Ragil. Yeah well, I assume because I’m not young anymore :)

Once we arrived there, we were greeted by the group of kids. They were so cute and smiled a lot. We walked around the vihara and took some pictures.

Going home
Nothing really exciting there, but the hospitality of the workers and kids brought good memories.

We headed back home, packed our stuff and went to the airport. Guess what??? We’re going to BALI that night!!

It was 11:00 PM when we arrived in Bali. My friend picked us up and dropped us at Bali Summer Hotel. An affordable yet comfortable place to stay. We walked to Kuta beach around midnight which only took us less than 5 minutes. We just stood quietly and enjoyed the sounds of the waves for couple minutes. Then we continued walked around Kuta area and had light conversations. It was mellow yet enjoyable.

Then we went back to the hotel and zonked.

saristya says:
AHa..its pity I have not yet already in TB when you come to BT...he he he.....what is your hometown??..going HOme????where is that ??
Posted on: May 20, 2009
rintjez says:
Not many people knows about it :) That's why I put it under Magelang instead of Yogyakarta or Borobudur. People should know the fact. Don't you think so??
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008
planisphere says:
i have no idea, buru is in magelang, not yogyakarta. hehehe
Posted on: Jun 26, 2008