Oahu with Joyce and Serwah

Oahu Travel Blog

Serwah, me and Joyce
Hawaii will always rank up there as one of my favorite places in the world. Before I visited Africa, it was as earthy, low-maintenance and paradisical as I've ever experienced.

This was an especially nice trip for me, as I was in sales, had free reign over my schedule. I remember fielding a call from Joyce on a Tuesday afternoon. She said "Jenn, it is so beautiful here. I'm eating a Mahi Mahi burger, looking at the ocean and it's this lovely balmy weather. And the boys...!" I remember closing my eyes, breathing deeply, and replying "I'll see you on Friday, then. I'm coming for the weekend!" I remember lots of yelling afterwards, the word "crazy" being thrown at me, and plenty of laughter.

And I've never made a better last minute decision.
It was amazing getting to see Joyce and Serwah again. Nothing beats jumping on a plane to a beautiful location to hang out with your best friend in the whole world. Joyce bought an umbrella so that my skin wouldn't be irritated by the sun, and her Dartmouth friends took us all over to friends' houses and the like. We had local food, hung out with local bigwigs, and just got a really nice combination of touristy and non-touristy experiences, which is really the best way to enjoy any new locale.

I enjoyed Oahu more than I can say. And I've been there a number of times before - this was by far the best. But Joyce does that - when she likes something, she can really just amp up the enjoyment factor so much more. I can't wait to go back and do it again!
AndiPerullo says:
I love your spontaneity! Can you give me some tips on O'ahu please? I'm headed there soon!!!
Posted on: Oct 21, 2007