Musee Matisse

Nice Travel Blog

Holy moly I get tired just looking at this picture.

The museums in Nice are very small and very remote. I can barely remember this excursion, but I remember walking along these streets from the city center of Nice, trekked up a hill in order to get on a bus, and then walked through a park of some sort to find this strange pink building in the middle of nowhere.

The entire museum is probably the size of a small Pottery Barn in the states, but the art was fantastic. Unfortunately pictures were not allowed, but I was able to buy a few cards to bring home, one of which is so pretty I've framed and hung up.

I think I was only able to go to 2-3 museums, which was disappointing as the Riviera has over 10 good ones. It's a really beautiful city brimming with art, culture and amazing food. I'll be back before long..!
Lengyinyin says:
I went to Musee Matisse too when last in Nice. Really love the art pieces there. In the atrium, Matisse's masterpiece of Fleurs et fruits was the main focus. When I was there, there were having art classes with the local children, and they were sitting around the atrium trying to draw a piece of the Fleurs. Really nice sight. :)
Posted on: Aug 01, 2010
AndiPerullo says:
What a dream come true this would have been for me! I'm SUCH a Matisse fan. I only wish you had more pictures.
Posted on: Oct 21, 2007