From Mougins to St. Tropez.

Grimaud Travel Blog

I made the mistake of using a timeshare exchange and staying in Mougins, which is really far from the Riviera, but it was historically a place that Picasso and Edith Piaf had chosen to stay. So this apparently appealed greatly to silly old me..

Luckily I was able to get out and about by booking a few tours (the smaller ones of course), I don't think anyone other than chinese tour buses take those behemoths on the road. One of our stops was to this cute little village named Port Grimaud. Our tour guide, whose name escapes me after so many years was this really well-mannered, sweet and considerate guy who really took me by surprise when we were winding along a particularly narrow cobblestone street from Mougins to St. Tropez.

The tour guide managed to trap a couple of women in a doorway that they had to step inside in order to let the van through. He stopped right when his van window came up flush with them and said "You know.. I could steal a kiss right now!" and he gave them a smile and drove off.  I started LAUGHING my ass off. Here is this really kind, calm and sweet man and he's got these lines that anyone would kill for. I guess it's all about making opportunities for yourself to show off your wit =) I will never forget that as long as I live. =)
AndiPerullo says:
I totally agree and we are very, very lucky (wouldn't have it any other way). This blog really inspired me to travel to the French Riviera. Merci!!!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2007
jenn79 says:
Seriously, it's like you and I have been blessed with old souls and young spirits - we are very lucky!!
Posted on: Oct 21, 2007
AndiPerullo says:
You are such a bohemian, I love it!
Posted on: Oct 21, 2007
The sweetest tour guide in the wor…
The sweetest tour guide in the wo…
Grimaud