Worst of all reasons

Monaco Travel Blog

Ok, so I'm going to be honest about why I ended up traveling to the French Riviera by myself. It was all because of a stupid ex boyfriend... there I've said it.

I met this amazing guy a few years ago and our relationship just took off like a bullet. And then it wavered, and then it ended. But right before it ended (took me by surprise), I thought it would be cool to go to the French Riviera together, as we both hadn't been before and were totally into the idea of retiring there.

So I'm not sure why my reaction to us breaking up was "Fuck it, I'm going to go by myself!" instead of "let me just not waste the money and quit while I'm ahead.." I really hate broken plans. When I set a goal or a plan that I'm really looking forward to, Mother Nature herself can't hold me back from completing them.
Castle where Grace Kelly lived..

But in the end, I'm glad I went. The French Riviera is honestly one of the most gorgeous places I've ever visited. The lay of the land, the architecture, and the colors seem to have been shaped and guided by God himself. It was impossible to lay your eyes on anything and not think "This is absolutely beautiful."

The people were so-so, mostly your typical urban types that are neither chatty nor overly friendly. Luckily I had a bit of company when a certain cat scared the shit out of me by breaking into my room. I supplicated him with supermarket bought frois gras and we made nice except for my miserable allergies. But I had a lot of time to myself and this trip literally marked the first in a long series of travels alone, which have always been very rewarding.
AndiPerullo says:
Uh oh, I rented a car while I'm in Hawaii. Haha! What an adventure.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2007
jenn79 says:
I actually booked tours. I hate driving in countries where I can really read the signs (and this includes Hawaii, by the way! Their streets are unpronounceable to me so I can't navigate very well there unless it's very simple (such as Ko Olina to the airport).
Posted on: Oct 21, 2007
AndiPerullo says:
PS How did you get to each city? Did you rent a car?
Posted on: Oct 21, 2007