Arriving In The UK.

London Travel Blog

As this was my first real trip abroad, I was really excited. Just on my own, doing what I wanted to do. The UK was my oyster! I arrived at Gatwick early in the morning on my overnight from Dallas.  The flight was great, I had slept and was rearing to go. The train in to Victoria Station was easy enough to negotiate. It was upon arriving there that things seemed to come alive. Such a concophony of people, languages, attire and bustle. Too cool. Being from Texas, I'd never really been inside a train station before. We just don't utilize trains that way anymore it seems. scads of people coming and going. I was winging this whole trip. No hotels set up or real plans made. Just going as I pleased. I found accomodations in a university just past Regents Park  through the Info office and went from there. I headed out and caught some of the nearby sights and later that evening went to Liechster Square. My one and only disaster happened there. It was after midnight and there were hundreds of people roaming about. I had just bought a snack and was putting away my wallet when I dropped it! I searched EVERYWHERE for it. It must have gotten kicked and someone picked it up. My first night in London.
London