Shiny Happy People

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Petronas towers

The last time we were in Kuala Lumpur was in 1998 when there was a smog here due to the burning in Indonesia. Nor surprisingly the place did not make a good impression.  This time we are staying with friends in Bangsar and the weather is fantastic.

Actually after Borneo where it rains every day,  KL has a good climate and we quickly understand why the people we know who live here love it (though taxis still are a pain).

The must do sight seeing trip here is the Petronas towers.  Mandy who lives here, shows us the ropes and drops us at the towers at 8am in time to queue for the free tickets that are issued every morning.

Petronas towers
  You need to arrive here early as there are only about 1000 tickets per day.  The queuing is about an hour and we choose to take the 10:30 trip giving us time for a coffee and a chance to browse the shopping mall next door.

The PT trip only takes you as far as the bridge joining the two towers at level 41 but the view is still spectacular.  I take plenty of photos and buy a fridge magnet at the gift shop as a souvenier.

We walk back into the centre of town and track down the the "fish spa".  Here you can dangle your feet in a pool and have the dead skin eaten away by a shoal of hungry small fish.  An odd sensation but not unpleasant and something different.  I reckon this will take off in Melbourne if they can work out how to import the special fish!

skippyed says:
I had fish clean my feet in Dalhousie Springs! amazed me how fish survived in 35C water
Posted on: Sep 18, 2008