Denver-Golden-Boulder, Yeah!

Denver Travel Blog

This will be short for the time being as I'm still a little bitter about the weekend.  I haven't seen my sister in 8 months and decided to take the long weekend to meet her (with my parents) in Colorado. She was to fly in from Little Rock, Arkansas nearly 30 minutes after we landed. Her flight was cancelled. The next flights were almost full and they could only book a select few passengers from the earlier flight. She didn't make the cut. We were to have all day Saturday, Sunday and then part ways early Monday. Saturday was shot.  When it came down to things..she didn't make it!

While very disappointed in the above, my padres and I made the best of our trip and explored the Denver and Boulder areas. Here are some of our photos of the trip. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by Colorado. I suppose I always imagined it to be 'mountainous' and beautiful, but SHEESH, it was outright gorgeous! Granted, I don't think I could handle the craziness of the winters, but I coul EASILY go back and spend a week or summer *sigh* there. I was so impressed!

Not only were the rockies simply breathtaking, but the people were kind and friendly, the cities were no joke, some of the CLEANEST cities I've ever seen in all my travels. The mountains and terrain were challenging :) but very picturesque and really I have no complaints other than the misfortune of not seeing my dear sister.

Looks like we'll just have a redo because Colorado is too great not to visit again!

photo by: crystalware