My Beach Trip Without The Beach

Wicklow Travel Blog

After a heavy night out on the town, I was woken up by a phone call my friends daughter, Lauryn, ringing me at 8!! My head was splitting but eventually I managed to work out from her over hyperactive voice that we were going to the beach for the day. (when the sun shines in Ireland you HAVE to make the most of it as soon as possible!!)

When I walked out to the car in my shorts and flip flops, the girls could abrely contain their laughter, didnt think my legs were that bad!!

Then I found out why they were giggling away....Lauryn tricked me!! We were going to the beach! We were going to climb a mountain she said! I was not happy. I wanted to go back to bed.

We got to Bray and walked the path along the beach, they wouldnt even step foot on the beach.

We then set off to walk up Bray Head. I jokingly suggested that we take the old route, the harder route.....they all agreed that it would be a great idea....why do I say these things to people???

The walk up wasnt as bad as I remembered it though doing it two days after having an operation on your foot is possibly not a good idea. I must say that the views were even better than I remembered, I dont think I ever really looked around up there as a child. We sat up on top for awhile to take in the view (we didnt stay up there due to being unfit and needing a rest of course)

For some reason, myself and Sean had to help Lauryn down while her mother carried on walking burden free. Down the bottom we went into one of the bars for lunch. As myself & Michelle were not driving so we were free to sort ourselves out with the best hangover remedy....another feed of pints!

Wicklow