Ensendada, Mexico

Ensenada Travel Blog

The grounds at L.A Cetto

Our only other port we stopped at for a cruise was Ensenada, Mexico.  This was going to be an all day stop with us having to be back at the boat at 11pm.  We booked an excursion for this stop...Wine Country Tour.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a great excursion.  Our tour guide was very funny and the bus trip to our stops was beautiful.  It's strange to think that people live in places like Columbus, Ohio when there are all these beautiful places out there.

We stopped at two different wineries Casa Pedro Domecq and L.A. Cetto.  Casa Pedro Domecq had a great tour set up for us that took us through all the production stops and had videos set up with with historical information.

Barrel Graffiti
  They also had a great tasting room that  overlooked vineyards and mountains making me never want to leave!  The next winery was L.A Cetto, that I think is the largest in Ensenada.  The guide told us it was some ridiculous amount of thousands of acres.  The grounds at L.A. Cetto were exquisite and we got time to wander around them before heading inside.  There was actually a bull fighting ring on the grounds, but our guide said it was just for show.

The weather was unbelievable.  Very warm, so much so that after an afternoon in the heat, drinking wine and then riding back.  I was so tired that I didn't want to stop off into town to look around.
We went back to the ship in order to recoup.  I figured we could take a nap, eat dinner and then head into town for a drink and a look around... And that was the last I saw of Ensenada!!!  Never take naps, they suck you in!

The grounds at L.A. Cetto
Outside of Casa Pedro Domecq
Outside of Casa Pedro Domecq
Me and Koby
Me and Koby
Koby inside the tasting room at Ca…
Koby inside the tasting room at C…
On the ship at night in Ensenada