let the travel addiction begin!

Malaga Travel Blog

Today is our first full day at the Picasso's Backpackers hostel in Malaga. It's 830 at night rightnow and its probably around 90 degrees with the sun still out. Tonight we plan on heading out to see the flamenco dancers and get something to eat. We already went to the beach today then toured around town. I think what really gets to me about this place is all of its intricacies. Mostly everything you look at is detailed to the point that it probably, or at least seems to, have some great story behind it. The people here are just as entertaining and visually interesting as the scenery that surrounds them. You never know what language they might speak or what country they might be from. I love the hostels even more for that reason alone. (Well, and the showers.) Alej is the bartender from Argentina who drinks matte and apparently makes a mean paella. I'll find out tomorrow. Tom is a fluent spanish speaking Englishmen who's sweet and looks almost 12. Momo is Algerian and speaks around 5 languages. Remi is the French one, really nice and kind of quiet. Everyone around is so temporarily here, it seems like we're all just trying to soak up eachothers stories like a sponge before theyre gone. I'm sitting on our little balcony right now, listening to some Spanish techno, watching all of the locals smoke and charlar. No matter what happens in my life after this vacation, when something goes wrong this is the place I'll wish I were instead, on this tiny little balcony, a sunburn, and my journal. Valle.
Malaga