Blown Hoses and Early Landings!

Long Beach Travel Blog

Our hostess with the mostest! LOL

Hard to believe it but another TravBuddy meet up weekend is upon us! My drive down Thursday night was rather uneventful. I worked all day and got on the road around 6pm and to my parent's house around 12:30am.  A couple hours of sleep and I was back up, ready to finish some work and a stressful conference call.  The original plan was to hang out with Jamie for a couple hours prior to heading down to Angel's to drop off all the luggage and pick Julz up at the airport.  3pm rolls around and no word from Jamie.  Turns out he had car trouble and busted a hose on his car, causing him to be behind schedule a couple hours.  Only Jamie though could manage to break down in front of an Audi dealership.

Yeah...we finally got Julz!
....I think his car was telling him something! LOL.

With LA traffic, I had to get on the road to Angel's house anyways, otherwise we'd never make it to pick up Julz at the airport.  I talked to Jamie on the way down and we ended up spotting each other going opposite ways on the freeway.  HA HA HA.  I've always wanted to do that....the only problem was I was in the far right lane stuck behind semi trucks so it was more of a glimpse but I am still counting it!!! :-)

Traffic wasn't too bad on the way down but I was on a work call by now and not really paying attention and stayed on the wrong freeway.  Oooops, called Angel and she walked me through how to get back to her house and I was still doing somewhat ok on time.  Once I get everything unloaded at Angel's we are preparing to go when she realizes the computer didn't print the directions to the event!! HAHA.

Ready to party!! :-)
  She had to turn the computer back on and restart everything (some of us don't have IPhones ya know).  It's about 4:45pm right now and I ask if Julz flight gets in right at 5pm.  I hadn't even finished the sentence when Angel's phone rings and guess who it is.  "Eeekkkk, it's Julz. OMG her flight musta got in early!!"  Sure enough...she's already landed and outside.  The sad thing is she was already craving McDonalds and they didn't have one in the San Jose airport and for those who've been to the Long Beach Airport...some McDonalds are actually bigger!!! Needless to say, no McDonalds for her!

After another 15 minutes or so, we fly out of the door and head back up to get our girl.  We arrive...about 30 minutes behind the time her flight was scheduled to land.  In trying to find her, we get told to move as there is no parking.  Angel hadn't even put her foot totally on the brake when we were yelled at to not park! LOL.  We finally find Julz at the other end of the airport and we accidentally ruined her plan to be a good TB and get a photo of us arriving as we flew out of the car to hug her pretty much before she had time to even turn on her camera!! Sorry Julz!!!

Now it's time......Hermosa Beach and happy hour here we come......!!! :D

acowboy says:
Geez... I so missed out... = (
Posted on: Jun 12, 2008
travelman727 says:
Erin, you are starting to turn into the woandering West Coast TravBuddy diva! I knew all roads lead to Rome, but I didn't know all roads lead from Sacramento :-D
Posted on: Jun 12, 2008