Bad Haggis CD release party

San Pedro, CA Travel Blog

Being a single father can sometime suck the life out of a guy. (But I can't think anything else I would rather do with my life). It is sometimes nice to be able to take a weekend off (from work and the kids) and escape for a little "me" time. This was one of those weekends. A band that I like was having a release party for a CD they released "last year" :)  (Better late than never right). I usually go up to a festival they play in Long Beach every year, but this year they have another booking on the East Coast, so will not be playing. What is a fan to do?

Well, this fan gets a great deal on a 4 star hotel (I am a single dad, 4 star hotels and my budget don't usually get mentioned in the same breath) and drives 2 hours up to L.A. county (from San Diego) to see a show. And what a show it was!!!  After the show it was a quick 5-10 minute drive back to Long Beach for a very comfortible stay at the Hyatt across the street from the old Pike (it's not there any more). Wish I could say more about the hotel, but I ended up only resting my head and leaving the next day. I will say I must have been pretty relaxed. I don't usually sleep well in strange places, but I slept the sleep of the dead that night.

If you ever get a chance to see/hear Bad Haggis, take the time. They are awesome!!!

sdbleve says:
No, it's been there for years (I think). it is Rosalie and Alva's dance studio (I think it was on 8th St up at the top of the hill). The original owners' son is running the place now. In addition to the dance stuff, he is trying to provide a place for intimate musical performances. It was a pretty cool set up.
Posted on: Dec 17, 2006
X_Drive says:
Oh those band names! "Bad Haggis"? It could be worse.
I grew up in San Pedro! But I can't think of any venues for a concert. Must be a new one.
Posted on: Dec 16, 2006