Holiday of a lifetime - Exploring Sydney, Australia

Sydney Travel Blog

Visiting Australia for the first time truly was an experience that will never be forgotten. I had become so used to the routine of life in the UK that I forgot all about wild exploration, enjoying deep relaxation and taking sights, sounds and a completely different way of life.

The trip started at the airport, things were manic, rush here, rush there, putting things down and then wondering if we had forgot anything along the way! eventually after over 4 hours in the terminal we boarded our flight, its a shame we didn’t get to enjoy the luxury of the new Airbus A380, but maybe another time!

After a quick stopover in Bangkok we were on our way again, we barely step foot off the plane before having to board again! they should do day excursions around Bangkok, this way we get to experience other places.

We touched down in Sydney after many long hours in the sky, by now I was exhausted, despite having been sat down not doing anything, its the air in the cabin that actually causes you to feel exhausted, its semi-recirculated so the air is full of impurities!

But stepping of that plane was a different story, a fresh warm scent filled the air, and i could immediately see that it was going to be a trip of a lifetime.

We then made our way to our hotel, which was the Park Hyatt, in Sydney, which I must say is an outstanding hotel! the staff were great, the accommodation was very clean, and still everything had a fresh scent to it, by now I was being accustomised to it, and not looking forward to my return in the UK.

We settled in, and unpacked, luckily we hadn’t lost a thing, I was waiting for the "doh" I left it at the....... moment, but luckily it never came.

Whilst staying in Australia, we wanted to explore, we first made our way around the hotel,

Here is a short snippet on our hotels description:
"Park Hyatt Sydney has two bars: harbourbar, known as much for its fabulous views as it is for its martinis, champagnes and boutique beers on tap; and the more traditional Club Bar, which has a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere with an open fire, cognacs, whiskies and a humidor with a large range of Cuban cigars.

We explored Sydney, and what a spectacular place it was, we explored the opera house, which is a stunning piece of architecture, and, it seems to be in so many photos, I guess it is a landmark to be proud of!

We rode on the Monorail in downtown Sydney, you get a look at the areas in style, a monorail! a great way to travel, and at the same time take in sights! Our trip finished off for the day in Darling Harbour, which overlooks the city skyline. My digital camera has run out of memory, and that’s with a 1gb card!

Luckily my laptop come along for the journey so I have copied all my photos onto the portable to clear room for more and more pictures!

I will keep you updated with our exploration!

Our Australia Holiday was booked through a reliable travel operator. We used Bridge and Wickers as we had previously been recommended! Everything so far is as it was described which is great! Unlike our disappointing holiday to Greece provided by TravelSky Ltd, which was nothing like advertised.

Ooh that reminds me, I need new batteries for the camera too!.