Opryland Hotel, Fan club party & IFCO show

Nashville Travel Blog

Delta area at Opryland Hotel

I was excited because today was RHETT AKINS fan club party. He has been my favorite male country artist since his first single "What They're Talking About".  I have met him at fan fair every year since 1995 so needless to say I have many pictures of him. The party wasn't till 11am so we went over to Opryland Hotel to walk around. This hotel is huge with over 2,000 rooms. It is divided into different named areas: one area with an atrium housing different types of plants & flowers, one has a 44 foot waterfall and the Delta area is newer & has a "river" running through it with boat rides & does water shows. There are many different walkways & paths & I lost my friend the 1st time we were here. lol I would love to stay here some time. You can see balconies of the many rooms in these areas.

More of the Delta area
You can easily spend a couple hours in here exploring which we have done before & lost track of time.

We quickly spent an hour here & took the free shuttle back to our hotel to drive down the road to Rhett's party at Nashville Palace.  How do these fan club parties work, you may be asking? You have to be a member of the artist's fan club & through club updates you can find out if they have one which would be during the week of the festival. Food (usually a buffett), a mini-concert & an autograh/picture session are what's provided at the parties and usually in this order. Rhett's was a wing buffett & then he performed for about 1 hour singing, "That ain't my truck", "Blondes in Corvettes", & a new song "Kiss my Country ^$$"  along with many others.

waterfall
 After the concert he signed autographs for everyone. We got to meet him & every year I tell him "You're my favorite male singer" & he signed my t-shirt & my flag. He also showed me his belt which made me Very happy! lol That was the biggest conversation I ever had with him! Needless to say, I left a happy girl!

We headed over to yet again, Opry Mills & ate at the ALABAMA GRILL which is owned by the group Alabama. There are pictures of almost every country artist that has ever had a hit covering every wall. In one section there is a stage where singers will perform for tips. There was a duo performing while we were there & I can't remember their names.

This was our first drive into downtown Nashville to attend the IFCO show.

flowers in the atrium area
(International Fan Club Organization) We had balcony seats at the historic RYMAN AUDITORIUM where the Grand Ole Opry started. This concert has about 15 acts that perform 2-3 songs a-piece with a mix of up-and-coming singers to very popular groups with one being the headliner. The well known acts here were CHRIS YOUNG, ANDY GRIGGS, STEVE AZAR and LITTLE BIG TOWN.  The OAK RIDGE BOYS were the headliner & performed for about 30 minutes. They are my favorite "older group" lol I have a lot of different favorites! The concert was awesome & they closed with the famous "ELVIRA".

Inside hotel balcony
Inside hotel balcony
44 foot waterfall
44 foot waterfall
with Rhett Akins
with Rhett Akins
Historic Ryman auditorium where th…
Historic Ryman auditorium where t…
Little Big Town at the IFCO show