Last day ending with rain

Nashville Travel Blog

with 2006 winner Chris Young

We didn't set an alarm & didn't wake up till 0830. We strolled down to the convention center & usually on the last day there is less people & chaos. This was Nahville Star day for me as almost everyone I met appeared on the show. We met 2005 nashville star winner ERICKA JO. She was extremely nice & I'm now a fan of hers. lol I got a ticket to meet CHRIS YOUNG, the winner from this year was also nice but quiet. I also met newbie AUSTIN CODY who was VERY friendly & easy on the eyes. lol JODY EVANS gave a BIG HUG when everyone met him. The others were also nice; KRISTEN MACNAMARA, CASEY RIVERS & MATT MASON were from this season. BRAD COTTER won in 2004 & now I met all the winners except for BUDDY JEWEL.

Casey Rivers, me & Matt Mason
I also met DAMON SMITH, SHANE OWENS, BRIAN WHITE who had hits out in the 90's and IRISH singer, BERNADETTE. She's very nice & each year I tell her how much I love IRELAND!

We went to the riverfront to see JIMMY WAYNE perform along with BLACKHAWK & AARON TIPPEN. We ate at my favorite downtown restaurantDEMOS' STEAK & SPAGHETTI HOUSE. I don't know if it's a chain or not. It was crowded & we waited over half an hour but well worth it. Every downtown restaurant is always crowded during fan fair.

The last night for the coliseum shows had KEITH ANDERSON, SHEDAISEY, JOE NICHOLS, LOS LONELY BOYS with RONNIE MILSAP, CLINT BLACK, LEANN RIMES & SUGARLAND. It started raining torential downpour when Clint Black was on.

with Austin Cody
The concert was delayed for over an hour. This was our 1st day of rain. It did resume with LeAnn followed by Sugarland & GRETCHEN WILSON was SUPPOSED to be the surprise quest but she canceled. Go figure. I wasn't disappointed about that anyway. lol The fan fair had come to a close with the performance of Sugarland & with that we walked back to the hotel. We didn't even go out to TOOTSIE'S. We had a good time & hope to go again next year. I don't know how many people like country music but if anyone is interested in attending email me and I can give some pointers. It's JUNE 7- 10 2007. This is the link   http://www.cmafest.com/2007/      Even if you're not able to meet the stars you can go around and take pictures of them like I did for KEITH ANDERSON. I also have gotten pictures of VINCE GILL, REBA MCINTYRE & others from previous years. I've been lucky to meet SHANIA TWAIN, TIM MCGRAW, FAITH HILL, TOBY KEITH & KENNY CHESNEY when they used to appear in the late 90's.

We left Monday morning to head home to Pennsylvania.

Jody Evans
Jimmy Wayne
Joe Nichols
Joe Nichols
Nashville Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Demos is in downtown Nashville & has a variety with  it's menu consisting from steaks, salads & spaghetti to seafood and Mexican specialities. Ther… read entire review
Nashville