Another fan club party, Carrie Underwood & more good music

Nashville Travel Blog

Carrie Underwood

In the morning we got to the convention center & got in the GAC line to meet BRIAN MCCOMAS.  (99% Sure song) NEWCOMERS NATALIE HOWARD & BOBBY PINSON were also in this line. While we were meeting Natalie, TV cameras were on us & she was asking how long & why I have been coming to fan fair. We never did find out what it was for or if we would even be on something. I'm sure we were cut out, that's the story of our lives! lol Everyone was nice as usual & Brian gave us a personal invite to see him perform at the Riverfront but unfortunately we couldn't make it.

We had a fan club party to go to which was TED KING. He is a soap opera star on General Hospital & I forget his character name. Yes, soap opera stars come to this also but always NBC stars.

with Natalie Howard
Bernie is a fan of GH & was happy to see that Ted was having a party. I told her I would go with her. It was at the Renaissance Hotel & there were finger foods & lots of chocolate! Ted must know the way to a woman's heart! lol Before Ted arrived, 2 other co-stars, a female & male made "guest appearances". Sorry I don't know their names since I'm not much into the soaps. The guy basically walked in for the women to scream & then left! lol The girl came in later & hung out & Bernie got her picture taken with her. There were round tables that sat 8 people & there were about 10 tables and it was a small room. Ted came in & first did a Q&A session with the fans for about 30 minutes. Then he visited with all the tables & spent time individually with each person.
with Brian McComas
When I met him, I told him the truth that I Never watch GH & I was there for moral support for Bernie. lol He was very nice & friendly & said " Heck you could have told me you watched it every day!" lol This party was nice. I only wish there would have been regular food as we ended up eating at the RIVERBREW where I had nachos that were pretty dry & not very good.

The Riverfront was our next stop and we saw BILLY GILMAN perform & man did he grow up! lol His hit was "One Voice" when he was barely a teenager. Then my boys, PINMONKEY came on to close out the show. They performed for about 45 minutes & did their new song "That Train Don't Run" & one of the last songs was "Barbed Wire & Roses" . I believe I took about 25 pictures of them! The crowd enjoyed them & their was even an older man dancing on the lawn.

with GH star Ted King

Later we walked to the coliseum where the line-up for the evening was BILLY RAY CYRUS, MIRANDA LAMBERT, CRAIG MORGAN, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, JOSH TURNER, MARTINA MCBRIDE & BRAD PAISLEY. I like Billy Ray just for the fact alone that he is also there EVERY YEAR. I got pictures of CARRIE & MARTINA. CARRIE came out in this black shorts outfit trimmed in white lace. It was cute but maybe should have been worn for "other purposes". lol Miranda sang "Kerosene"- one of my favotites, MARTINA was awesome & has such a great voice! Actually everyone was pretty good.  I just love fan fair!

Pinmonkey